Problems regarding VPN connect/disconect / Bug Reports / NetSetMan Support

NetSetMan Support

Search for already answered questions about NetSetMan (Pro) or ask new ones

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-19 13:24

fixxit

Problems regarding VPN connect/disconect

Hello,

I want to replace windows VPN disorder with NetSetMan.

1. I tested many VPN connections with L2TP/PSK and about 25% of them not working from profile - connection from NetSetMan, the connection show in windows VPN manager "connecting" and after a minute i receive attached error. When i press recconect is connectign in 1 second. I made an research and it seems to be from used passwords, don't work very good when i have passwords with !, # or @ or other special characters. In other side, at the VPN Server (mikrotik router) i receive error that tell me the used user is the Windows user, NOT the user stored in Windows VPN manager. After i change user password or preshared key or both, connections start working from NetSetMan. These connection is working before changing passwords from windows VPN manager. What kind of file or report shoud i send to you to see what is happen? I tested in Windows 10 and two windows 11.

2. In connection - disconnect all conections if i make a profile with this selected to disconnect connected VPN is not working, i want to use this profile to disconect from any connected VPN or to use somenthing to disconect from connected VPN

3. In tray info is not show the connected VPN connection

https://www.netsetman.com/support/img/m … -error.jpg

Thank You!

Last edited by fixxit (2022-03-19 13:30)

#2 2022-03-19 13:37

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Re: Problems regarding VPN connect/disconect

NetSetMan is not a VPN client. It simply acts as a shortcut for triggering existing VPN connections on your system. Everything you have written now is a problem you will need to solve with your VPN connection. As soon as it works on its own, you can try integrating it into a NetSetMan profile. It doesn't make sense to search for a solution in NetSetMan if the actual VPN connection isn't working.

#3 2022-03-19 14:22

fixxit

I know all that things. The connection is working from Windows, but when i trigger existing VPN connection from NetSetMan i get errors that i described. Is strange, i know... All connection is working from Windows but when i trigger from NetSetMan i get errors at few of them...

#4 2022-03-21 20:49

fixxit

I managed to connect from NetSetMan to VPN connections that not worked after i changed passwords and change them back (twice change!).

Still remains two unsolved bugs:

2. In connection - disconnect all conections if i make a profile with this selected to disconnect connected VPN is not working, i want to use this profile to disconect from any connected VPN or to use somenthing to disconect from connected VPN

3. In tray info is not show the connected VPN connection

Thank You!

Last edited by fixxit (2022-03-21 21:00)

#5 2022-03-21 21:42

fixxit

Will be very useful to have possibility to disconnect VPN from one "disconnect" profile or from the same profile when is pressed again after was connected first.

#6 2022-03-24 21:17

fixxit

I managed to disconnect any of VPN-s making an batch command -rasdial "connection" /disconnect- with all VPN connections, saved in UTF-8 encoding, run minimized with administrator rights, and it's working in windows 10 and windows 11, from NetSetMan/ Script/Program, an "disconnect" profile

Still remains bug with VPN connection is not show in Tray info if is connected, can i hope it will be fixed?

Thank You!

#7 2022-03-25 10:38

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

To show active Windows VPN connections in the TrayInfo, you need to check the option "[x] Connections (PPP, VPN, ...)" in the program preferences.

#8 2022-03-25 20:01

fixxit

Off course i make this, in all conversation we have you must see i am an advanced user, i try all the commands, so please belive me in windows 10 x64 and 11 x64 i don't see any VPN connected in tray info, but i see in Windows VPN -dissorder- manager. I hate windows because i cannot sort VPN-s, i can't connect from 1 or two clicks i must make 3 in windows 10 or 4 in windows 11, they are really stupid! I want to buy your solution but i want to be 100% good for use=two click connect, two click dissconect, status window show VPN is connected. That's all.

Thank you!

#9 2022-06-08 18:35

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

We have found the reason for the missing VPN connection in the TrayInfo. It will be fixed in the next release. Thank you for reporting this issue!

In this context, we now also made OpenVPN connection details available there.