Is there a Command Line Option for using 2 network cards? / General Questions / NetSetMan Support

NetSetMan Support

Search for already answered questions about NetSetMan (Pro) or ask new ones

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-14 22:56

Brian

Is there a Command Line Option for using 2 network cards?

Congratulations on a wonderful and elegant application!

I am using some batch files with various command line options:
(ie. NetSetMan.exe -as 5) with various success.

My computer has 2 network cards:
1. LAN Ethernet
2) Wireless 802.11g

My question:

Is there a command line option that can also activate (or choose) one particular network card from above, and still use my various saved profiles?

Thank you and keep up the great work!

#2 2009-12-14 23:37

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Re: Is there a Command Line Option for using 2 network cards?

Thank you for your nice words. smile

There's only a command line for activating a certain profile.
In your case you would need to create two profiles with the same settings and activate them independently whenever you need them.

#3 2009-12-15 02:00

Brian

Yes, I understand the 2 separate profiles. 

When I go to my office, I need to select the Wireless 802.11g network.  When I go home, I need to select the LAN Ethernet network.

I have created 2 separate profiles, and also created 2 different batch files (with their appropriate configurations) to activate each of them.

However, it seems that NetSetMan seems to run (choose?) only the "LAN Ethernet" configuration when I run the batch files.

I wanted to know if there was another command line switch option  (other than 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 .... that will activate only the "Wireless 802.11g" option.

Thank you again for your help!

#4 2009-12-15 13:31

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Each tab/profile stands for one set of configurations for one network adapter. That's the one that is selected in the drop down box.

Whenever you activate a profile, only the settings are applied to that selected adapter. (NetSetMan doesn't choose it randomly...)

There is no other command line option to select adapters. You can only choose which profile to apply and its settings (as configured and as for its network adapter selected) are applied.

#5 2009-12-17 17:00

Brian

Thank you, and after further testing, I discovered it was my fault (a "user error") in one of my batch file that seemed to be causing the unusual behavior on my computer. 
My batch file for the "LAN Ethernet" connection had a stray quotation symbol (netsetman.exe -as 5") ... that once activated, seemed to cause that LAN adapter stay in my computer memory, no matter what I tried to change. 
Once I discovered and fixed my batch error, I had to reboot the computer before everything was working well as advertised.
Thank you again!