Add Condition - Automatic switching / Feature Requests / NetSetMan Support

NetSetMan Support

Search for already answered questions about NetSetMan (Pro) or ask new ones

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-24 14:45

Sutex

Add Condition - Automatic switching

Would it be possible to "add a condition" to the automatic switching to include an application, like ExitLag a VPN type routing software

As I would like the automatic switching to switch to a Cloudflare or Google DNS as soon as NetsetMan detects a certain application, as I use a DNSCrypt as my main connection, and those DNS are good, but it is problematic for gaming if I want to join a server outside of my country. smile

Last edited by Sutex (2024-03-24 14:47)

#2 2024-07-25 15:19

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Re: Add Condition - Automatic switching

We are currently reviewing several feature requests and noticed that you didn't receive any reply back then. Sorry for that. Your requested condition is problematic, because a running instance of some application does not necessarily mean that it is currently actively doing some specific action. Even if that DNS application is running it does not mean that some specific DNS settings are set or not.

Instead, we would suggest to find a condition that changes as soon as your DNS application does its things. For example, you might want to ping some target or maybe Windows even treats this as a different network location, so you can check for currently active NLM profiles. Or this application creates a virtual network adapter that is enabled or disabled whenever used, which you can check with a condition.