questions about (missing) functionality / General Questions / NetSetMan Support

NetSetMan Support

Search for already answered questions about NetSetMan (Pro) or ask new ones

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-11 12:41

mgroen

questions about (missing) functionality

I just installed NetSetMan, so I am pretty new to it. Therefore I post below questions in the general section as I am not able to qualify if these are just questions /out of scope for Netsetman/ possible bugs.

My questions/ remarks:

1. Is it possible to start NetSetMan with Windows with a preset template? Use case: my laptop is connected with a network cable, and therefore Windows automatically connects with ethernet network, however I want to use the Wifi network (so no ethernet). Basically to force the wifi connection to be used. Is this setup possible with NetSetMan? If so, how to set this up?
2. Is NetSetMan able to give a warning (sound, or popup message, or logging), if IP addresses (local and/or public) is changed during runtime? If not, could this be validated for a valid feature request?
3. Remark: I noticed following: when using NetSetMan to change network setting from ethernet to Wifi, the Windows network is not updating (it remains same icon, while I would expect to see the Wifi icon to appear, like this would happen if you actually pull the ethernet cable out of the laptop). Strange thing is when I hover over Windows icon, the hover text is displaying the wifi connection.

If above is not clear I can give further information including screenshots if thats desired.

( by the way I am sorry if I am a bit critical but since I am a professional software tester it's my mindset that bothers me smile)

Thanks for any clarification on above questions,

Mathijs

#2 2019-11-12 13:40

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Re: questions about (missing) functionality

We received these questions by email and here and are going to reply here, so this topic doesn't remain unanswered.

1. There is currently no built-in way to do this (there will be in the future). But you can manually create a startup shortcut and use the command line parameters to activate a profile at Windows startup.
https://www.netsetman.com/help?hf=en#hf_commandline

2. We are considering adding optional monitoring tools. Your suggestion could be part of it. We will add this to our internal list. Thank you.

3. We're afraid, we don't see how we could influence this icon. Windows updates it by itself, based on the connection it uses. Maybe it just takes a while in your case for some reason?

#3 2019-11-12 14:41

mgroen

Re: questions about (missing) functionality

OK, thanks for above clarification.