Rearranging profile order only changes the order but not the contents / Bug Reports / NetSetMan Support

NetSetMan Support

Search for already answered questions about NetSetMan (Pro) or ask new ones

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-22 23:48

propadog

Rearranging profile order only changes the order but not the contents

Hi, I've been able to reproduce this across a couple of machines. I've done a search here, and come up with nothing. For your consideration:

Using NSM free as I 'm a student. Win10 Pro. Let's assume these profiles;

0. LAN (LAN activated, WiFi deactivated, system settings, net drives)
1. WiFi 1 (LAN Deactivated, Wifi Activated, system settings, net drives (network 1))
2. WiFi 2 (LAN Deactivated, Wifi Activated, system settings, net drives (network 2))
3. No Network (LAN deactivated, WiFi deactivated)

If I open the main NSM window and click on the tab management button, the list of the 6 possible profiles comes up; the two that are not used are deselected.

If in that window I drag a profile to rearrange the order, it only rearrange the profile names, not the settings. For example, if I move profile 3. above to the top, it only moves the profile name. Profile 3 now inherits Profile 0's settings, profile 0 inherits profile 1's settings etc.

Logically, if I move a profile, it should move the profile settings as well.

#2 2018-07-23 09:40

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Re: Rearranging profile order only changes the order but not the contents

We couldn't reproduce the described behavior with the latest version 4.6.1. The profiles were correctly moved including the settings.
Could you please send us your settings.ini file (see contact page for email address)? Maybe something is broken inside it. If the file is OK, then we would like to see a screen recording (e.g. with Wink or ShareXP or Open Broadcaster Software) demonstrating the problem. Maybe we can see some details that would explain it.