Tray popup refresh and profiles from database / Feature Requests / NetSetMan Support

NetSetMan Support

Search for already answered questions about NetSetMan (Pro) or ask new ones

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-25 11:26

rafaliex

Tray popup refresh and profiles from database

Hi,
Can you add refresh popup content every x seconds when I am on NSM icon? Because I need mouse over and away and again mouse over to get actual info about my network cards.

And second option to get profiles from database and little search box to search it from database.
I have 300+ hosts and from time to time I want to use settings from one of them. I don't want to create 300+ profiles..

#2 2018-04-25 17:16

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Re: Tray popup refresh and profiles from database

We plan to modernize the TrayInfo slightly. In this context we'll be able to add an update option.
Adding this functionality now on top of the current TrayInfo would create double the work, so please be understanding that this will have to wait a while.

We're not sure if by "database" you really mean something like an online MySQL database. If so, then we're afraid, this is out of the scope. Adding DB connectivity, interfaces, management tools, etc. would simply be an enormous amount of work for one very specific use case. Our interface is the settings.ini file. It's in text format and you can analyze and manage it with an external tool, if you like.

#3 2018-04-25 18:14

rafaliex

I can modify settings.ini but when I'll add 300+ options (profiles) from database how I will find one of them which I want? And I must create groups and add each 5 to single group that limit with 5 profiles in group is too small.

#4 2018-04-25 19:23

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Well, this is a different topic. We're working on a new profile management concept that will solve this (both search and profiles per group). But that's going to take a while as well.