Auto Disable Of Windows (default) Network Manager / Feature Requests / NetSetMan Support

NetSetMan Support

Search for already answered questions about NetSetMan (Pro) or ask new ones

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-16 21:54

iceburgh

Auto Disable Of Windows (default) Network Manager

Been using NetSetMan for a while and it is an excellent network manager with cool features. It works way better than the default windows network manager, but I found out that it works even better when the standard  default networkwork manager service is disabled in windows. Using both network managers (windows & netsetman) has a slight conflict and one sometimes cancels out the other when configuring networks. Also,when you have a ssid with the same name, but different mac address,the windows version gets confused so it is way better to disable the default windows network manager.

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
NetSetMan 4.4.1

If the NetSetMan program had a feature that would automatically let you disable the default windows network manager service,(if you wanted to), there would be no network configuration conflicts, which would make the NetSetMan operate even better.

Several tests have been done to validate this decrease in network configuration conflicts.

Thank you!

#2 2017-07-18 13:12

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Re: Auto Disable Of Windows (default) Network Manager

Could you please clarify what you mean by "standard default networkwork manager service in windows" to make sure we're on the same page? If you mean some Windows dialog, please include a screenshot. If you mean a service, please add it's full name. Thanks.

#3 2017-07-19 17:57

iceburgh

I'm sorry. I thought you were the person who works on the NetSetMan application. I was talking about the windows service that normally handles the all of the network connections in windows. I took a screenshot of the services area.

Network-Services.jpeg

#4 2017-07-24 17:19

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

iceburgh wrote:

I'm sorry. I thought you were the person who works on the NetSetMan application.

Sure, we are responsible for NetSetMan.

iceburgh wrote:

I was talking about the windows service that normally handles the all of the network connections in windows. I took a screenshot of the services area.

The Windows Network Connections service (Netman) you're referring to is an important part of Windows. It handles the "Network Connections" dialog in the control panel, the connection status icon in the taskbar, Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and more.
In our understanding it's an important part of the network functionality in Windows and we have no indication that it conflicts with NetSetMan in any way. NetSetMan helps you to easily change network settings in profiles, but it does not replace the functionality of this Windows service in any way.

If you really would like to disable this service, you can do that with the integrated Script feature in NetSetMan:

sc config netman start= disabled
sc stop netman

If you have a reproducible case, that shows a situation where this service conflicts with NetSetMan, please describe it in detail. If we can reproduce it, we will be able to find a solution. Thanks.