Adjusting profile select button on large screens / Feature Requests / NetSetMan Support

NetSetMan Support

Search for already answered questions about NetSetMan (Pro) or ask new ones

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-23 10:46

mstoeckert

Adjusting profile select button on large screens

Hello,
it is possible to show a profile select button on the logon screen of windows (just below the username/password filed). On screens with "normal" resolution it is adjusted horizontly in the middle of the screen. If the resolution of the screen is larger  (e.g. 3440x1440 on a 34" display) it is significantly left of the middle.

It is only cosmetically but maybe can corrected in one of the next releases.

Thank you!

Matthias

#2 2017-01-23 13:08

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Re: Adjusting profile select button on large screens

Initially the icon on the logon screen calculates the position based on the screen resolution.
After that it remembers its position, because you can move it around to a different position if you like (just click and drag). The position is stored as a value in percent, so it should be independant of changing screen resolutions.

We didn't see the problem you've described in your previous tests.
Before we try to reproduce the problem in detail, could you please have a look at your constellation based on the details above? Maybe you moved the icon (accidentally)? Is the problem you're describing based on one device that is attached to different screens or is this a problem you've observed on different devices?

#3 2017-02-04 21:32

mstoeckert

Hello,

the setup is a laptop with 1920x1080 on the internal screen and an external monitor with 3440x1440.

If I use one resolution only there is no problem - the icon can be placed in the center and stays there with both resultions.

The only problem occurs if I switch from the small to the large resolution after the laptop has startet the gui (happens if I start the laptopn and forget to switch on the external monitor). Then the icon stays at the position of the initial screen and did not jump to the position of the new resolution.

So it looks more like the icon did not notice a screen resolution change during the time it appears on the login screen and I do not log in....

Matthias

#4 2017-02-06 18:38

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Thank you for providing the additional details. Yes, your observation is correct. In the current version the position isn't adjusted if the screen size/resolution changes. We'll improve this for the next release.