Default profile / Feature Requests / NetSetMan Support

NetSetMan Support

Search for already answered questions about NetSetMan (Pro) or ask new ones

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-22 19:01

HERVE 2012

Default profile

Hello,

I have been using Netsetman on my laptop for a year now. I do appreciate the autoswitch and have 4 profiles linked to each one a certain WIFI connection and one general purpose profile for unspecified connections.

What I miss is to be able to set that general purpose profile to be the default one which would be activated whenever a connection is activated by Windows (7 Family Premium on my laptop) different from the ones linked to the other profiles.

I have been surching for this ability in the help files and on this forum to no avail.

Thanks for your great job

Herve

#2 2012-01-22 22:26

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Re: Default profile

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
The AutoSwitch feature is planned to be reworked in spring. I've collected many suggestions and use cases from users that I'll try to include into the AutoSwitch feature with a much more flexible configuration. Default profiles are planned for that as well.

#3 2012-01-23 08:12

HERVE 2012

Thank you Ilja,

I hope that this default profile will go through:)

Hervé

#4 2016-01-20 11:50

rickygao

I need the same feature, a default profile in auto switch will be very handy.
I would suggest to have a default profile activate when other condition in auto switch are not met

#5 2016-01-20 16:00

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

With version 4.0 we've created an all-new AutoSwich feature. In the current release its settings are always in relation to the currently selected profile. We've already prepared an addition to that dialog with global settings (like default profile, profile after start-up and some more), but we first wanted to see how the new feature works out for all users. So far it seems to be working without any problems, so we'll be working on finalizing the addition soon.

Until then you can already use a workaround: Simply move your default profile to the last position (so it has the highest profile id). Then add an AutoSwitch condition that is always true (like time: 24/7). That way this profile will be activated if no other profile conditions are met. As soon as the conditions of another profile are met that profile will be activated.

#6 2017-04-23 12:10

jmh2002

What is the current status of this feature please?

I see some mention in your last post more than one year ago about "additional dialogs with global settings (like default profile, profile after start-up and some more)" but I don't seem to be able find those in the configuration settings?

Should we still be creating a general purpose Default profile (in the last position) using a 24/7 Time Frame condition to automatically set the IP Address and DNS back to 'obtain automatically' when we are connected to networks that don't require a specific profile/IP address to be set?

THANKS smile

#7 2017-04-24 15:36

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

This option is not yet implemented, we're afraid. We have a long list of user requests and features that are waiting to be implemented, so we're currently focussing on the most and longest requested ones. We've already added the mentioned "Global Settings" section to AutoSwitch, but for now there are only two other settings.
Since the "default profile" option can be achieved with the described workaround, we consider its implementation not as urgent as other features.
We'll get to it eventually and will introduce it together with several other AutoSwitch additions that are currently waiting as well.

#8 2017-04-25 07:47

jmh2002

Ok thanks, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything smile