Problem switching Profiles: (Error: 2) / Bug Reports / NetSetMan Support

NetSetMan Support

Search for already answered questions about NetSetMan (Pro) or ask new ones

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-25 08:34

FelixP

Problem switching Profiles: (Error: 2)

Hi dear Support and Tech Team,
first of all I would like to thank you for the great software that you have developed and also thanks for providing it for free for home users, you guys rock!
I have found NetSetMan to be the ideal middle-ware solution for a project for my family in which I need to simplify the process of switching between 2 different wireless networks, as especially the elderly in my family are quite not ready to go through a bunch of settings before reaching their goal of setting up a new connection. In order to make it easier for them, I just installed NSM and the NSM Service (as I am the only administrator on that computer). Additionally I programmed an intiutive and easy C# GUI that provides 2 simple buttons and then calls the NSM application with the corresponding command line params to start it, this application runs great on my administrators account and also does so on all other accounts, anyhow when I need to switch network on a non admin account (or an account that the NSM software was not installed on right away) the following error message shows up:

Error
NSM Service is installed and running, but an error occured wile trying to start NetSetMan. (Error: 2)

The network switching works, the new network is connected and NSM starts up properly, so I am a bit clueless about what the error message stands for. Having read other posts about the same error message I learned that it might be related to FF profiles, I do not perform any changes on such in any of the 2 profiles I have set up in NSM (basically it really just changes the Network and leaves all other settings untouched) but could it be that the software tries to access the FF profile of the admin account which then will be blocked? 
Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!
Felix

#2 2010-06-27 11:04

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Re: Problem switching Profiles: (Error: 2)

Error 2 basically means "file not found". It's not solely related to Firefox.

The problem might be that the external call is performed in a way so that the check for the existing of a file fails.

It would help to see how you perform that call. If you're OK with this, send me the source and the executable in a zip archive to the email provided on the contact page. I'll have a look then.