Network Scanner / Feature Requests / NetSetMan Support

NetSetMan Support

Search for already answered questions about NetSetMan (Pro) or ask new ones

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-14 12:00

pfla

Network Scanner

I often use a Network Scanner but unfortunately the one embedded in NetSetMan 5.0.3 is not useful so I have to use other tools like Angri IP Scanner.
Why?
Because it doesn't offer the possibility to decide exactly what to scan so it's very slow and often stuck, CSV export not correct. Tipically it's just matter to have quickly alive IPs list (icmp) avoiding port scan etc... of large networks.

Any improvemnt in the roadmap?

#2 2021-01-14 14:14

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Re: Network Scanner

This doesn't seem to be a bug report. We are moving this to the feature request section.

The network scanner is just a small part of the application. It is unlikely that it will ever be as feature-rich as other one-purpose tools. However, we consider it a helpful tool even in its current form.

Having said that, we have plans to improve it in the future as we are constantly trying to improve all parts of the application. With the recent release of version 5.x we are fully occupied with other tasks right now, but we will happily include all suggestions to our backlog and consider them once we get to the integrated tools. Please describe all improvement suggestions you consider to be relevant and necessary in detail.

> CSV export not correct
Please describe what is wrong with it and provide an example.
It should export exactly what is currently visible.

#3 2021-01-15 17:39

pfla

A CSV should have the header and the records so it's easy to import to other tool without any change.
NetSetTool include the range moving right the real records (IP etc....) so it's necessary fix manually.
As example see what happens with Excel:
CSV_EXPORT.jpg

To improve I think it would be just matter to permit to decide what to scan in terms of ports, hostname etc... so it would be much faster. For example very often it's just necessary to check alive ip (icmp only), other time just a specific port and so on. For a Networker like me working with big network it makes a big difference

Thanks

#4 2021-01-15 17:54

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Thanks for the example! We will see what we can do.