Profile Information with Mouse Hover / General Questions / NetSetMan Support

NetSetMan Support

Search for already answered questions about NetSetMan (Pro) or ask new ones

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-24 01:35

raymondjpg

Profile Information with Mouse Hover

When I hover the mouse over the NetSetMan (free) icon on the taskbar, if I have an individual network adapter such as ethernet active in a profile, then I see an informative display about that adapter with IP address, connection status, and other information that I may have selected under Tray Info in Preferences.

However I cannot find a way to display such useful information if the network adapter Network Bridge is active in the profile.

The application is still fully functional and extremely useful for me, but it would be even more useful if I could quickly see connection status with mouse hover when I am connected via the Network Bridge.

I am running Windows 10 Professional build 1909.

Regards

#2 2019-12-24 10:20

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Re: Profile Information with Mouse Hover

The TrayInfo shows all network adapters that are checkedin the Network Adapter Management (and therefore are selectable in the adapters list):
https://www.netsetman.com/help?hf=en#hf_nics

#3 2019-12-24 12:47

raymondjpg

Thanks for the response.

All of the adapters except for the Network Bridge (Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver) show up if checked in the Network Adapter Management.

If I select only the Network Bridge (Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver) in the Network Adapter Management, then it does not show up on mouse hover.

Merry Christmas to you!

Edit: It may be because the Network Bridge is a combination of two adapters, one an ethernet and the other a wireless.

Last edited by raymondjpg (2019-12-24 12:54)

#4 2020-01-08 23:20

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

We have analyzed this issue in detail now.
The network bridge is added as a virtual adapter. By default virtual adapters are not shown in the TrayInfo because they are usually not useful. To show them, you need to enable them in the TrayInfo preferences.

1. Make sure the network bridge has been added to the network adapters list in NetSetMan (as described before).
2. Go to Preferences > TrayInfo > [x] Virtual adapters

Then you should see the network bridge in the TrayInfo as well.

#5 2020-01-08 23:24

raymondjpg

That fixed it.

Thank you very much!