WIN 10 lan + wifi routing problem / General Questions / NetSetMan Support

NetSetMan Support

Search for already answered questions about NetSetMan (Pro) or ask new ones

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-20 16:05

scarpy

WIN 10 lan + wifi routing problem

Hi everybody!
I'm using NetsetMan free on my laptop and i like it very much.

I'd like to configure NetSetMan to reach this goal:

LAN (via Ethernet Card) to reach local servers and intranet.
Wi-fi to go to the Internet (through Hotspot on my smartphone)..

Is it possible ?
How to do it?

Thanks,
Alex

#2 2017-11-20 16:21

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Re: WIN 10 lan + wifi routing problem

NetSetMan helps you to automate the tasks that you usually would need to configure manually frequently. This also means that you need to know which settings you require, then you can automate these settings by including them in a NetSetMan profile.

Your request isn’t as much about our software as it is about a general Windows network setup. Of course we’ll give you our thoughts on this, but please be understanding that we won’t be able to fully analyze and recommend a complete solution for your specific case.

• If you want to have two different subnets for WiFi and LAN, then there shouldn’t be any difficulty to achieve that. Your WiFi NIC receives the settings required for Internet access (including the access point as the gateway IP address), and your LAN NIC receives a different subnet without any gateway.

• In case you want both to be in the same subnet, then you could resolve this situation by configuring your route table accordingly.

• To route traffic Windows offers a route/routing table. It can be configured through command line (web search: “Windows route” or read this official MS instruction page) or with NetSetMan in the Advanced TCP/IP Settings dialog (in the main menu or simply click the “IP+” button). We use the same interface as route.exe, so please get familiar with their description and functionality, then use that knowledge configuring your profile.

• The routing feature allows you to define target address ranges with the preferred interface (IF). So you basically need to define routes for internal traffic and external traffic and assign them to the appropriate IF.