NSM WiFi Manager Standalone Application / General Questions / NetSetMan Support

NetSetMan Support

Search for already answered questions about NetSetMan (Pro) or ask new ones

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-10 00:46

nsmfan

NSM WiFi Manager Standalone Application

Hello, I am evaluating NSM for an enterprise use case.  We don't need a lot of the features the NSM has... really we just need the NSM WiFi Management application (which is only one portion of the entire application).  So, I have a couple questions regarding this:

1.  Is there a way to run NSM WiFi Management directly, without having to click on Tools -> NSM WiFi Management?  I'm looking for something along the lines of running "netsetman.exe /wifimanager" from command line.

2.  Is there a standalone application version of NSM WiFi Management?  Meaning can I buy (hopefully cheaper) licenses just for that sub-application?

Please let me know, thanks!

#2 2017-11-10 01:10

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Re: NSM WiFi Manager Standalone Application

Thanks for your interest!

1. Yes, you can run the NSM WiFi Management directly with:

netsetman.exe -nsmwifi

2. Unfortunately, there's no standalone version that could be licensed. You would need to license NetSetMan Pro for each system and could then use it as you wish.

#3 2017-11-21 23:37

nsmfan

Hello, thanks for your response!

While continuing my evaluation of this software, I have been encountering issues connecting to Enterprise WiFi networks.  Is NSM relying on the Windows UI to connect to these networks?  Or is there a way to connect to a 802.1x Enterprise network (that requires username and password) using NSM?  Please assume that we would not have access to the Windows MetroUI in order to connect to these networks... we are just wondering if there is still a possible way to work around this strictly using NSM.

Please let me know if my question is unclear, thanks!

#4 2017-11-23 12:22

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

We're using the official API for wireless networks in Windows. It allows configuring and changing the connection status of WiFi networks. Features on top of it, like using Domain account credentials, are not covered by it and therefore rely directly on Windows. If a credentials dialog needs to pop up, then Windows will show that using its own UI.
If you feel that we have misunderstood your question, please show the problem with screenshots.