Ability to designate a script as running in user context or SYSTEM / Feature Requests / NetSetMan Support

NetSetMan Support

Search for already answered questions about NetSetMan (Pro) or ask new ones

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-14 03:04

shdmitch

Ability to designate a script as running in user context or SYSTEM

For limited access users it would be good to be able to designate if a script should run in their context or the context of either the stored administrative account or the SYSTEM account associated wtih the NSMService.

Currently when using the NSMService the scripts all run in the context of the SYSTEM account which doesn't allow you to startup common programs for a particular NetSetMan profile if those programs need to be running in the context of the current user.

There could also be the potential for two sets of scripts (user script and administrative script).

#2 2010-01-14 21:23

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Re: Ability to designate a script as running in user context or SYSTEM

Thank you of reminding me of this issue.

Actually I planned to change it that way, that scripts are always executed in the user context if used with NSM Service. It simply got out of my sight for some reason...

The thing is, it simply wouldn't be possible to switch the priviledges with the Admin-Mode. This only works with the NSM Service. And here I think it's better if all scripts generally run with user privileges.

#3 2010-01-15 09:17

shdmitch

Re: Ability to designate a script as running in user context or SYSTEM

It does make more sense to keep the scripts in the context of the current user as it poses less of a security issue.